Monday, 7 January 2013

New Year binge 2013

Yes. 2013 has arrived. And yes, I have added 8lbs over December.

I've been SO good all year, but the combination of parties, presents and play destroyed me.

So: rule 2 is 'learn from your mistakes'. Luckily, mistakes are allowed. We didn't evolve for nothing. (incidentally, rule 1 is: Weight yourself every day!). I cant emphasise that one enough.

What went wrong in December:

  • Too much booze. Alcohol is calorific and dangerous in large numbers (like cows perhaps). One hangover led to another over December. Especially compounding pint after pints.
  • Booze is of course a snowball drink. (not to be confused with the drink called a snowball). One sip, becomes a gulp, becomes a barrel, becomes a burger. In fact, on my worst night I ate in advance to 'line my stomach', then ate crisps with drinks, then had a Cornish pasty to 'help avoid a hangover', then had a kebab. And yes, I did still have a hangover.
  • Too much food. In particular, family is dangerous. They gift a lot of food via presents, around the Christmas table, in little take-this-off-out-hands gifts.
  • Food too high in calories. Yes, there is protein galore available during the Yule. But it's surrounded by deep fired yes pleases, and soaked in butter don't mind if I dos.
  • Low activity. It's dark. It's cold. It's wet. There's nothing to do. In fact I celebrated that lethargy and dormancy at the time. Oops.
  • No weigh ins. I couldnt face it. I broke rule 1. Guilty. I know I have to weigh myself everyday. If I don't, things go wrong. And they went wrong.
  • New years coming. I couldn't shake the psychological kicks that December means indulge and new year is another chance to succeed. Weight loss ahoy.
Ah well. 8lbs added, and trust me, there wasn't any muscle included in that. I hadn't fully realised quite how dangerous December could be. My warning to all - be afraid, very afraid of December.

 

Right. Mistake made. No need to be too gloomy. Instead, I will pick myself up, brush myself down and start all over again. Time to try a Crash Diet!!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lose weight

Lose weight